Thursday, May 3, 2012

B is for Boring for Brooklyn Nets Logo




The Brooklyn Nets logo was revealed the other day and it's been getting a lot of attention. I personally think it could have been a lot better. Jay-Z is behind this and for a man who has style accepted this for his team. I understand it is support to give a gritty feel which Brooklyn is known for, but it's very bland. Simple works, but this is very plain and boring. The logo with Brooklyn New York and the B in the basketball is the best one, but it doesn't say the Nets and could just represent basketball in Brooklyn and not the Nets. The logo doesn't have to be all jazzed u, but it ended up with a lot of bull. (Like what I did there?) I read that this design firm out in the midwest created some nice work for the Nets identity, until Jay-Z had his design team take care of it, which is fine, but I think the outcome is subpar. It's trying too hard to be a classic logo and I honestly would have liked to see a well done NBA logo. I'm sure in a few years it'll get a facelift, but who knows.

What do you think?


No comments:

Post a Comment