Wednesday, May 18, 2011

7 Things Designers can learn from standup comics


Michael Bierut wrote a very good article about what designers can learn from comics. It's very interesting and I think they make sense. He was watching a show on HBO with comics Jerry Seinfeld, Louis C.K., Chris Rock, and Ricky Gervais and saw what they said was very relevant to designers like the basics. I think everyone can focus on the basics and get that down pat and it'll make life easier. Bierut adds to the list "don't be afraid of failure", "honor you craft", and "know your tools." To read everything he adds in further detail please read the article here.

1 comment:

  1. I don't have much to say about this topic as I don't have information related to this concept and my knowledge is less about it. This post helped a lot in understanding the idea well but still I need to explore more. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete